Sunday, January 31, 2010

22 weeks and what CCAM really means

Christ Cares Ask for Miracles I like this better than the diagnosis of Congenital Cystic Adenomatoid Malformation! A woman from our church gave us this acronym today. We like it. How wonderful a community is. How wonderful it is to receive prayer and support. My faith is being built up by others. I am struck by how important this is. We cannot live life on our own. We cannot strive for hope, for peace, for love, for any good things on our own. We need others. No wonder I fail every time I try do things without the encouragement, support and wisdom of others. According to fetalcarecenter.org, a CCAM of the lung is: "a relatively rare abnormality that appears on an ultrasound as a solid or cystice mass (tumor) of pulmonary tissure that has an abundance of bronchial structures (breathing channels).
22 weeks! Our little girl is now about as long as a spaghetti squash, about 11 inches. She's now even almost a pound in weight.
I am also realizing that I am about half-way through my second trimester already...wait...didn't I just start my second trimester? Can we slow down please? Slam the breaks...I need a minute to let this sink in.
Now here's a true, honest to goodness pregnant lady (a friend loaned me this awesome dress!) today at 22 weeks:
And her loving husband: I found a blog of an awesome girl who takes pictures of her outfits and puts them on her blog. She's really into fashion and thrifting and shares her finds on her blog. Well, I discovered this past week, in an effort to slow down and smell the roses, I started taking pictures of my outfits. I like seeing the transformation of my belly. And it's been darn difficult as of late to figure out what to wear and what my style is. It's quite a different style when you build your wardrobe in a matter of days/weeks from hand-me-downs and goodwill finds versus years of various selections! Here's 21 weeks and 4 days, before going to teach 5 hours of ballet classes: Look at that belly! 21 weeks 5 days, going to work at the office, have some meetings, meet a friend for coffee, and go to dinner at a friends: phew what Friday...

2 comments:

  1. Keep taking lots of pictures! Love seeing all of them! You are the cutest, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking absolutely gorgeous Christine! Keep posting photos!

    ReplyDelete