Saturday, January 23, 2010

Picture Time

Let's start from almost two weeks ago: 19 weeks: (As I write this I am almost 21 weeks!) At 19 weeks our daughter is (according to babycenter.com) the size of an heirloom tomato, which I posted the picture of a couple of posts back. We had our Weh Family Christmas with Ryan back in town from his Japan trip. Oh, we had some good food and good times! "Christmas Eve" snacks: Christmas Dining Table: Christmas Tree: Christmas Snuggie! "Christmas Day" Dinner, Oh Yum Yum Yum! Brothers: And don't forget the Gingerbread House! Herb and I had some quality father-in-law/daughter-in-law bonding time =) Then the big mile-stone week: 20 WEEKS! I'm half-way through this pregnancy and our baby is half-way to full development. Will wonders never cease? I was told pregnancy goes by quickly. I guess I didn't believe it! According to babycenter.com, our baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. She's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom, and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. A banana! There's a banana inside of me. This baby is getting into some considerable size now. Not just a grape or a kumquat or even an apple-a banana. Other things going on in life these last two weeks is I've gotten to see many a good friend. Two dear friends from Chicago came to visit, and we stayed till way past close at a restaurant catching up (you know who you are!). A very willing friend from Portland came for the weekend to facilitate Weh Clean Sweep Session 2. We tossed, sorted, and completely reorganized our home. I love it. A good friend came over the weekend before to facilitate Weh Clean Sweep Session 1. She talked me into re-purposing a book case for baby clothes and she's even coming back today for more (and bringing reinforcements!). I've considered myself to not be a pack-rat, but these last two clean sweep sessions have taught me otherwise. I want to say no to clutter! Not once a year but every day, in order to keep our house feeling free and peaceful. I feel so much better in my spirit when our house is not cluttered to the brim. I've not recognized the amount of stress our home has added when I have to remind myself of unfinished tasks with piles of unkempt business all about. And when you don't have walls, rooms, or closets, everything you own is everything you see! It's got to make the house a better place, not just a temporary storage location. Off I go to get ready for Weh Clean Sweep Session 3. There is still a lot to do!

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear the update cuz. I've never thought about clutter around a house creating low-level hum of stress. It must do. Makes me wanna buy move into bigger house to start from scratch!

    Loving the veg & fruit baby sizings!

    Thinkin' of you both (all?) from across the pond... x B

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see you Christine! We are so excited for you and Josh. Remember to breath! =)

    ReplyDelete