Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mama's having a...

Heirloom Tomato! At 19 weeks our baby is 8.5 ounces and about 6 inches long. Want to know what else? Our baby is a GIRL. Not a boy, not an it. A GIRL. Both Josh and I felt we were going to have a boy. Surprise! God does what he wants when he wants! We had an ultrasound on Monday, January 11th. This ultrasound is to check the baby's body parts and organs to confirm that things are progressing normally and healthily. They can also determine the sex of the baby! The technician reveals the sex at the end of the ultrasound. At the very beginning, I thought I saw a little something and was instantly excited: "I'm gonna be a momma to a little boy! How cool!" I'd previously been stressed and unsure about having a boy, because, well, I am a girl, and I didn't grow up with brothers. So having a girl made the most sense to me. How DO you raise a boy anyways?! But as soon as I thought I saw signs of our baby being a boy in the ultrasound, all my concerns melted away and I instantly fell in love with what I thought was our son. Josh also thought we were going to have a boy, and quite a few of our friends thought so too. Surprise! The technician only saw girl parts, not boy parts. And we are thrilled to become parents to our daughter! Her daddy is so proud he colored a miniature pair of drum sticks pink and ordered a pink onezie that says "Proof that Mommy Liked the Drummer." I am very glad we decided to find out the sex of our child. I think both of us are more connected to her and are finding it easier to bond with our unborn baby. Not to mention just being excited to meet her! Oh the ultrasound was so cool. She is active! We got to see her move, turn, stretch her spine, open and close her mouth, move her hands, and kick her feet. To think every human enters the world this way, miraculously, in the womb of the mother, growing from the nothing into a beautifully designed creation. Amazing. I feel what I am experiencing is sacred. I've started to feel her move! I've felt odd things going on in my belly for the entire pregnancy, but now I know for sure that it's my little girl moving around. I even feel her move when I teach ballet classes now. She wants to dance too =) I am learning that I have ultimately no control over what happens to my child. I must trust God with her. Our daughter is a miracle and we put our trust in Jesus to care for her, protect her, and develop her growing body into the beautiful creation our God intended. I do have pictures to share of our Weh Family Christmas and my recent belly profile, just not today. There are better things to come!

2 comments:

  1. I love you guys. This blog is fantastico.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to both of you again! I love the updates, and cannot wait to hear what happens in the coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete