23 weeks

Superbowl Sunday...and the men celebrated with It's a girl cigars (in June, she is still in my belly). Us ladies got pink chocolate truffles. What a proud Papa Josh is!

22 weeks, 2 days

These darn jeans fall down after I take two steps...the worst 35 bucks I've spent on maternity clothes so far. So much for getting my own pair of comfy maternity jeans. But I wear them anyways, for half a day before I wash them to hopefully shrink them again. Thanks for the jean-dance, Motherhood Maternity!

Great top a friend gave me, with jeans that STAY UP from Duo Maternity, the JC Penny line. Much better quality and fit!

New eyebrows and hair! Makes me think I should get my eyebrows done more than once every 5 years, and my hair cut more than once every 6 months...
23 WEEKS! GROW BABY GROW!
She now weighs as much as a mango! That's a whole pound. And she's 11 inches long. I am still shocked and awed. 
I have begun to realize that me is no longer me. I am now a we. It's me and you baby girl! When I am by myself I am with my daughter. We are together, bonding, experiencing life together now all the time. No wonder it's difficult for mothers to let their babies become independent. That child has become a part of her identity. With each new level of independence comes a new part of identity the mother has to find again. Well, I'm guessing. I haven't had much practice being a mother yet!
The belly is now speaking for itself! People who've not noticed are noticing and confidently telling me congratulations. Phew! What a relief for me. I've hated having this questionable belly and a life-altering, miraculous experience that is unknown to the naked eye. Finally people can see, and I'm over half-way through this pregnancy! God is weird. Things I've said good bye to: all my pre-prego clothes, lying on my stomach or back, eating big meals, and being energetic. New things: heartburn, side sleeping, small meals, wishing for naps on top of my 9-10 hours of sleep. The last two days her little movements have become more like those kicks and punches I've heard about. Oh it's so exciting. I love it. I love the big movements! They just come out of the blue. It's this little quiet experience I get to have with my daughter all to myself. And when both Josh and I are patient enough, he'll feel her move too.
Next ultrasound is February 17th. Praying for the shrinkage of the CCAM. Because, remember, Christ Cares Ask for Miracles. And with all this praying for our daughter, this pressure is on for me to decide on her name. Josh has decided, and it's up to me to have the final word. I am really wrestling with this decision. By the end of the day today, I'm a bit more settled. But am I going to tell you what it is? No! Am I ready to announce this is who she is...no! I'm waiting for her name to fall out of the sky... or for God to write it in fluorescent lights on the wall. Or am I waiting for her to come out and tell me herself what her name is...
Leave it to you to be such a fashion maven with that lovely tummy!! Love the outfits!
ReplyDelete