Friday, February 12, 2010

INSPIRATION!!!

Fabulous sun ceiling lamp from Ikea!
INSPIRATION...FINALLY! It seems common for mothers to choose a decorating theme for their child's nursery. Before now, I had no such thing. And I didn't really want a "theme" of matching window treatments to rug to blanket to mobile, etc. I'd rather a mish-mash of collective items. I do want our daughter's space (because we don't have separate bedrooms) to be whimsical, calm and fresh feeling. Now what color scheme do I go with? Thank you Gymboree for inspiring my motherly, artistic, decorator brain! YELLOW! GREEN! LIME GREEN! WHITE! DAISIES! SUNSHINE! And alligators? Well, the alligators are pretty cute, don't you think? I don't know if they need to be much more prevalent than a stuffed toy and a onezie though! OoOh, I'm so excited. Of course, pink, purple and blue will all go very well to accent my color scheme too. I am thrilled to have a direction for all of this baby gear we'll be acquiring.
I do hope to attain some sort of minimalistic attitude when it comes to baby gear. The thought of going into Babies R Us stresses me out. Too many options! Too many decisions! I will probably end up registering there. Anyone have a suggestion of another place to register besides Target and Babies R Us? When I was a teenager I spent a summer in Mexico at an orphanage where I was promptly given a 6 month-old infant, a bag of diapers and formula, a bag of toys and clothes, and an old trailer to live in with this child. I am still shocked to this day. Yet, I learned to care for him without any do-dads and whats-its. Maybe that will help me keep perspective in the sea of stuff? Still, that green tulle tutu is calling my (not yet announced)daughter's name!
In a week now I'll be in the winter-y cold Mid-West visiting my sister and her family! I'm looking
forward to her updated motherly wisdom on what products to purchase, what products to avoid. And other things too, like how do you dress a baby for bed if you can't use a blanket (because of SIDS)? And how many diapers do you need in a day? And, and, and, and...

3 comments:

  1. Why is blogspot weird sometimes? The only font editing I posted what the different colors, not the varying sizes...weird! I tried to fix it and it's still weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE that Ikea lamp! I love the whole idea! You are a creative genius, Christine! Both you and Josh are! She is lucky to have you guys for her mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the theme!! Very excited. Looking forwrad to Shower! The date coming soon!

    ReplyDelete