Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Just a little rumblin...

Earthquake? Earthquake? What?!  My first earthquake this morning at 5:21 am.  Woke up to some kind of loud noise and the whole house shaking.  Nothing drastic.  It was only a 3.4 magnitude.  Didn't nudge a thing out of place.  No reports of damage or injuries.  The epicenter of it was only a few miles away from our house, but is was really nothing.  Normally I feel I would have been frightened, but also thinking it was a cool experience.  This time, wow. I think my maternal protective instincts kicked in.  I was scared.  This house has no where safe to go in an earthquake. We don't have food and supplies stored for a natural disaster.  What would we do?  How could I protect not only myself but my daughter too?  How much more reliance must have our Our Father now.  I can't protect myself and my daughter all the time.  I have to trust you Lord.  I am so much more vulnerable now, becoming a parent.  Then I read Psalm 148 tonight, "Praise the Lord from the earth, you great sea creatures and all deeps, fire and hail, snow and mist, stormy wind fulfilling his word!"  Josh noted how awesome it is that even these things that we consider dangerous or risky or inconvenient-like fire, snow, storms...even earthquakes-these things praise and honor God.  There is nothing bad with these events. They are all in God's control...Lord help me to remember!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment