Here's my belly at 39 weeks!! My baby girl has grown and she's kicking and moving around just as she should. She also moves whenever she hears a live percussionist-her dad or someone else, much to her father's pride! According to averages, she's the size of a mini-watermelon, just over 7 pounds. Maybe that's why I can't vacuum or lift even a basket of laundry without my back aching-I'm already carrying a watermelon in the middle!
Big accomplishment this week: Demos are finished!! Demos are what we call our end of the year dance recitals at the dance school I work as an admin. assistant. I coordinate all the volunteers for each of the four different shows, for about 150 kids. We do the recitals without a dress rehearsal, so new families to our program have no idea what's going on! Thankfully, the shows went off without a hitch (and without labor for me). No catastrophes happened, and I even got to put my feet up a couple of times to take a break! Honestly, they were the most calm and organized Demos I've ever experienced, in my five years working for the program. Maybe I should be pregnant for them every year...not really. I was relieved to make it through the recital without early labor. Tomorrow is my last day of work--then it's time to focus on baby and me. I'm already much more at ease: we've finally decided on our delivery location, I'm mostly packed for the birth center, and I've even washed two loads of baby clothes! These are the things that have been nagging at my nesting heart for the last month. I am so thankful to have the time ahead to rest and prepare emotionally and physically for the birth of my daughter. At what point does the birth of your first child become real? When it happens? After it happens? 6 years later? I'm still unable to comprehend that I will soon be in labor, that soon my arms will be full carrying my daughter, that it will no longer be just Josh and I, but a family of three.
Josh had a birthday on May 28th! He's a nice solid 35 years now. A great age to become a dad, don't you think? I got him a big planter he wants to plant an indoor tree in and some music. Because I was busy with Demos and Josh's folks were in Hawaii, he got to celebrate by going to a movie and sushi with his brother. We just had pizza tonight with his folks who've now returned. Next year he'll get to have a birthday celebration close his daughter's.
Sunday we planted in the drizzling rain. Yeah, the weather this May has not been very favorable! Rain rain rain, like it's October. Last year at this time we had a sunny barbecue and I was wearing sundresses. This year it's rain jackets and staying indoors. But we ventured outside in between downpours to plant our lettuce, cucumber, garlic, pansies, cabbage and cilantro. By the pictures it looks like I was doing all the work, but really Josh did most of it. Next year we'll get baby girl in the dirt too. Can't wait for some fresh from the garden salads!
Your belly has really dropped!
ReplyDeleteDano
Good for you that your Demos were smoother than ever. You look amazing and I'm glad you got to get some baby things ready and a little garden planted. So productive. See you soon.
ReplyDelete