I've now officially carried our baby to full term! My due date isn't for another 15 days (June 6th!) but a baby who comes between 37 and 42 weeks is considered on time and healthy. Don't have to worry about pre-term labor anymore!
Josh and I are SO tired right now! We need a vacation before she comes. One thing after another, one late night after another...oh, and we decided to tear apart our house this week too! We decided to get our carpet cleaned on Wednesday am. So Tuesday night at 11:30pm we're wondering why in the world we decided to get it done in the middle of a busy week, just 2 weeks before my due date, as we we pulled things off the carpet and piled them onto the linoleum tile flooring-where most of our furniture and things still are!
The carpet now looks GREAT, and they even were able to clean under our bed because we removed the mattress and they cleaned around the platform frame. Now all trace of our previous kitty Tuesday are gone. All her dander, all her hair. My allergies are thankful. I'm sure our baby girl will be thankful. Oh but Tuesday, we do miss you! So now is the ultimate nesting time. We get to clean everything before putting it back in it's place. It's like moving in again-two weeks before our due date! Goodness.
I said good bye (for the term) at one of my dance studios I teach at. One girl cried. Another asked me if I would just come and sit an watch sometime, please?? SO SWEET! It was really hard for me to let go of those classes. I do love teaching dance. I have a friend taking over my classes for me, so I know they are in good hands. Their recital is exactly two weeks after my due date, so it's not super likely that I'll be able to go, if she's late, or even if she's on time. I've decided she will NOT be early =) Do you think she'll agree? I've got to make it through June 1st-my last day of work. May 28th and 29th are the end of the year dance shows at my work that I co-orchestrate and have kids that I teach that are performing too. Every year it's always a lot of work to prepare for this show, but it's always so rewarding. I always think recitals are a great way to end the year, and a great perk to my job. Everyone's happy and excited. The performers get flowers, and even if the whole show is terrible with kids falling, costumes failing and bad lighting cues, the parents, the teachers, the whole audience-no one cares. Everyone says good work and have a great summer. I think it's awesome. Not every job gets to finish each season with such celebration.
Thursday was my Momma Pamper Day. I got my hair cut, and my stylist was so kind to spend extra time and give me curls! I got my make-up done at a make-up counter. And I redeemed a manicure/pedicure gift certificate (Thank you Myrna and Ryan!) to get my nails done. Oh and I even bought a new maternity dress that I just wore once and plan on returning for some practical things. All this in one day, then Josh and I had maternity pictures done (which is what the dress was for)! This was SO fun. Our photographer, Sarah Sweetman at Sarah Sweetman Photography, was AMAZING. She was a blast to work with. She made us laugh and feel so at ease in front of the camera. It was so important to me to capture my pregnant belly. (Don't have pictures yet-stay tuned.) I've always admired the pregnant body; now I've got one. What an amazing thing to remember. I can't believe how my body has changed from the beginning of this pregnancy. By now, I've become used to my new shape and size. I can't believe how small I once was. And despite the kicks, hiccups and pushes I feel in my belly, those that I have no control over, I can't seem to really fathom that my daughter is in me! Right here, right now, in me. I'm not gonna deliver in a matter of weeks or days-am I? How can that all be possible? The anticipation is growing, but I don't think I'm really able to allow myself to be that eager or excited for her actual arrival until I finish up with the dance shows next week. Then hopefully I'll have a few days off (a mini vacation I hope!) and both mom and daughter can relax and plan our delivery together.
Oh, and above you'll find a picture I made during our birth class. It's my birth art-I told you before the class sounded really hippie! Our assignment was to make a picture of the ideal landscape you'd deliver your baby in. I imagined baby and I in the water, at the ocean, with a long beach and a huge tree over us. Josh holding us close, and the sun beaming, warming up my baby and surrounding our little family. It felt like God smiling on us. Love it. I was so please when making that picture that something so warm and positive came out of it, instead of worry and fear. Birth has no place for fear. It's God's perfect design. Who am I to question it?
Time sure does fly!!!! I can't believe it's already almost here....I mean, I can't believe that "SHE" is already almost here :)
ReplyDeleteTime sure does fly!!!! I can't believe it's already almost here....I mean, I can't believe that "SHE" is already almost here :)
ReplyDeleteEmily
Ugghhh!! I can't post my name in this comment. I am Emily by the way :)
ReplyDeleteYou look fantastic in that red dress Christine!
ReplyDeleteFabulous pictures on the photographer's blog! In some of those shots with the black and white dress, you seriously don't even look pregnant!
ReplyDeleteJust reading your blog I can feel all your excitement and emotions coming through. I'll pray for you, that you get some time to relax before your baby girl arrives, time to breathe and soak up all the pregnancy happiness. And, you can talk to her about how you're going to be in tune with her - mother and daughter working together all through the birth to get her here. :)
Your birth artwork is beautiful too.
Thanks Emily, Emily and Eileen!! You ladies are sweet!
ReplyDelete