Sunday, April 4, 2010

More on 29 weeks

Our little Sweet Pea Baby Shower! Given by Josh's Aunt Margie (and cousin Julie in spirit) and my mother-in-law Myrna on March 21st.  Can't believe all the detail they put into this party! From the daisy-cut fruit to the Sweet-Pea Soup mix and Sweet Pea flower seeds for favors.  My goodness.  Should I worry about this child being spoiled?!  We had lots of friends visit and family celebrate our little girl and gift us into this new phase of our life. Even my parents made the trip for the big event.  THANK YOU all of you!  It was at this party that I realized having a first child is as new and big of a thing as getting married. A major milestone approaching, and as everyone keeps saying, a major life-change!  
So, in the pictures above you see Uncle Ryan entertaining us with his contact juggling.  Papa Josh trying out his new gift from friends Emily and Ryan-the kids electronic drum kit, so he can practice some kind of a beat when baby girl is sleeping.  Not to mention having something to teach her the drums later on too.  Oh Josh is REALLY looking forward to that!  Next is a snap shot of me and my friend Sara with our babies in our wombs. She's due 11 days before me.  I am so thankful and excited to have a friend to go through this pregnancy together!  It was a special gift from God to meet her and find out our due dates are less than two weeks apart.  We're looking forward to meeting the Baby Refsland!  Josh and I took turns opening gifts (we got some really neat things--did I say THANK YOU!).  It was a good idea to get all the family together in a shot: Uncle Ryan, Opa Herb, Oma Myrna, Papa, Momma, Nanna B and Grandpa Dave.  One lucky little girl!   I didn't get a profile shot this week, but the last one will have to do. That black dress really shows off my bumpy belly. And it's so comfy. 

1 comment: