34 weeks! Baby girl is the weight of an average sized CANTALOUPE! About 4.75 pounds.
Heartburn when I lean forwards, heartburn when I drink water. Heartburn when I eat anything spicy or acidic. Heartburn when I'm hungry. Heartburn when I'm too full. Lying down induces series of large burps; sometimes Josh has to pat my back like a baby to help get them out. A bit of a waddle here and there, especially when my back is sore. Braxton Hicks? All the time! But not painful, so I'm not afraid of pre-term labor. Sometimes Josh will give me a hug and he'll lift my belly up for me-oh that feels really good. I've heard it feels really good to go swimming-to be immersed in water for that feeling of weightlessness of your belly. I think I've been pretty fortunate this pregnancy not to have any seriously adverse symptoms. Just a the little annoying ones. Oh and that fatigue I had in the first trimester-it's back. Except this time I'm not feeling like a zombie. This time my mind is racing and eagerly wanting to tackle the nesting and projects I have to at home and for work, but my energy level gets drained super fast.
I wonder what our girl will look like? If she'll have dark hair or light? How much she'll weigh. Will she have the little turned up nose we see in her ultrasound pictures? Will she have chubby cheeks like I did? She looks pretty cute so far-in my belly!
This week I was given a very sweet baby shower by my dancer friends. It was a lovely relaxed time where we got to sit outside by my friend's pond and scribble paint onezies for my cutey pie. I loved getting to have the time with my friends, connecting and reflecting on this life-transition I am in! It was sooooo great to see some of you dancer friends whom I hadn't seen in ages too!
A second even this week was a "Blessing Way" from the ladies at my church. It was given for myself and my other prego friend who is due just a short 10 days before me (we'll see whose baby decides to come first!). They henna-ed our bellies, taught us belly-dancing, and enjoyed celebrating us as mothers. I will have to admit that after these two events, I feel more settled and ready to be a mother. I feel ready to embrace this approaching process of labor, delivery and motherhood. It is so good sometimes to ceremonialize and mark the transitions of our lives.


Christine-Do go swimming if you can. I took natal swim classes with other moms-to- be and it was such a relief to feel weightless. Jesse even came along for one of those times and we had fun swimming together.
ReplyDeleteLove you, Lily