Tuesday, March 2, 2010

26 weeks = Insomnia

I actually look pregnant now. Would you agree? Finally my belly is in this satisfying size where my baby is taking up space so I don't just feel rolls of fat. A very satisfying size just in time for me to get bigger and bigger! I may not be feeling so satisfied in a few more weeks. Probably much more uncomfortable. If you haven't noticed yet, this is my 3rd post in one day. Why? It's 3 am and I can't sleep. Josh bought this delicious cake from Trader Joe's for pizza night tonight. So delicious especially with the coffee in it! I thought I tasted coffee, but decided to ignore the caffeine at 10pm risk and enjoy it anyways. So now I get to blog! I was wondering when I'd get to update my blog. Oh, but how will I get through the day tomorrow? 26 weeks brings baby to the size of an English hothouse cucumber! You know, one of those really long cucumbers? According to babycenter.com she's a pound and 2/3s in weight and about 14 inches. We've passed the one foot and one pound landmarks already! Which brings me to my next point: 3 more months till due date--say WHAT?! 3? Months? Perhaps this is why people say to stop and smell the roses and enjoy each and every day. Each day is not like the last. And I'm guessing this quick passing of time doesn't end with pregnancy...it continues through your child's life. How to savor each day? Each smile? Each kick?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting all these pictures of yourself! I think it's such a vulnerable thing to do and it is so beautiful! I feel privileged to be a part of it (through your blog)! It was MY pleasure finding the sweater and onesie! I think I am going to need to see that belly in person soon! Can we come visit you and Josh soon? Fb message me if you have any available evenings in the next few weeks! Love you!

    ReplyDelete