
So I reached my 25th week of pregnancy in Minnesota! It was a warm 20 degrees with beautiful sunshine over a white white landscape. I hadn't seen my sister, brother in law, nephew and niece for almost 2 years. I am so glad I made the trip, before I get huge and before I have an infant connected to me. My niece and I bonded, and I hope she will now have a base of memories to remember me by. My sister filled me in on all the necessary things for baby and sent me home with a stuffed suitcase and boxes to come! She is really a generous lady. Today I can't figure out how to comment next to the pictures, so stream-of-consciousness will have to do. Proof I was in Minnesota: icicles! My sister made delicious tortas one night, along with other yummy Mexican style meals. They have two dogs, Duke and Duz. You can tell they are buddies. I guess I'd never been around a great dane before, because Duke's size frightened me at first! To my benefit, Duke for some reason likes pregnant women, and when he likes you, he leans on you! So, nothing for me to be scared of, except for getting knocked off balance a couple of times.
Duz, the puppy, figured out one day how to climb over the snow bank (of which underneath is the fence). My brother in law is trying to convince Duz that escaping is not such a good idea! Oh Oh! And only in Minnesota can you pull up to your local gas station to find snow mobiles filling up-just on a regular Sunday afternoon!
During my 25th week I started being able to SEE my baby girl move from outside my belly! Another reminder that yes, there really is a child growing inside of me. Leg cramps have gotten better, and now I'm dealing with swelling. I fought swelling most of my trip in Minnesota. I've found if I get slightly warm, my hands and feet swell up. I can wear my wedding band for a little while, but the minute I get too warm, off it comes for the rest of the day. I might need to give it up for a while. More water, more milk, more bananas and orange juice please!
No comments:
Post a Comment