
Here I am at 14 weeks and 6 days, wearing maternity pants and everything!
I've decided to not keep track of how often I blog, so that I don't end up being tardy all the time! Whenever I have time to blog is good enough :)
Sunday was a sad day. We brought Tuesday to her new home. The new family is very excited to have her. They are loving and friendly, and even took Tuesday's over 8 foot tall cat scratcher! Our home is so quiet now. No meows in the morning and evening to feed, or meows when we open the tuna fish, or yelling at her to get off the kitchen counter. No more snuggling kitty on our couch or bed. No more "cat crazy" meows and scratch attacks on her giant scratcher. My allergies have also improved and Josh is no longer waking up to my "fog horn" when I blow my nose in the morning. We miss her. We hear Tuesday is still hiding and frightened at her new home. We hope she comes out of her shell and allows this nice family to love her. Here's pictures of Tuesday the day before we said goodbye.

We're hoping to go and visit her one day soon.
This week I had my second prenatal appointment. Got to hear the baby's heartbeat again! My doctor said it was a strong heartbeat. There's nothing like hearing a heartbeat other than your own to know that this baby is real. I've acquired books to read from the library about labor and birth-I guess I'd better be prepared for that big event!
This was the last week of teaching for me before winter break--Christmas is now only a week away! I played Christmas music for my students (as long as they promised not sing along!) and we choreographed and danced to the Nutcracker Suite as well. For as many years as I've been involved with the Nutcracker, you'd think I'd be over it. But the kids love it, and you just can't have the Christmas season with out Sugar Plum.
This weekend is Prep Dance's Nutcracker, so I'll be in the theater most of the weekend helping out. Josh and I also have two Christmas parties to attend on Sunday. Josh has to work two 10 hour split shifts on Friday and Saturday. He did last weekend too, and it's looking like that will be his schedule for a while. We are so thankful for the extra hours he's getting, though it makes a long weekend for him.
Oh, and here's our Christmas tree all decorated. I just love it. I love lying in bed (because our bed us just to the left of it in this picture!) and looking at all the ornaments, remembering the story and the person that each ornament is connected to. I have not found a star topper for it yet either. Maybe next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment