Monday, November 29, 2010

Teeth!

And already my little girl has teeth! Cadence cut her first tooth the week before Thanksgiving, just after turning 5 months old.  Only a week later and a second tooth appeared. So my little girl has two front bottom teeth, just in time for Christmas. Oh, my baby is growin' up...


We had our first snow of the winter, including 3 snow days of work for me!  I don't mind missing work for snow days, if I'm already home and don't have to get stuck in it.  It reminds me of snow days growing up.  My sister would wake me up and we'd eagerly sit by the tv, waiting for our school's closure to be announced. Then my mom would open up all the blinds as wide as they would go and we'd watch the snow falling, changing from thick, heavy, and light.  There would be an extra crispness and specialness to the air.
The snow cleared up just in time for us to travel to Oregon to visit my parents and family for Thanksgiving.  A much needed trip as my parents hadn't seen Cadence in a couple of months.
And according to this blog, I only ever where that silly brown-orange hat!
Other recent milestones: rice cereal and sitting up.
Cadence has had three meals of rice cereal, which she ate like a champ...and as if she'd been starving! She just keeps opening her mouth for more! It's so cute.  She swallows her food easily and well, like she's always known how to eat.
Sitting up-she's not quite there fully, but she can hold herself up in sitting for a little while before slumping over or leaning forward.  I don't think she's going to stay content to be a sitting baby for very long.  I think right after sitting is more mastered she's going straight to crawling!

1 comment: