Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Dinner Before Midnight

Oh Blog, dear blog, how I've missed you!
It's 11:30pm. I'm eating dinner--what are you doing?!
11:30 is a perfectly logical time to eat dinner, everyone's asleep but you, the food's cold, and you have no one but the computer glow to keep you company!  Right?
Well, it's just the way our life is at the moment. I get home at 7pm, and pick up Cadence from Oma and Opa's (Josh's parents) while Josh is at work.  We play, nurse, and I give her a nap. While she naps I make dinner and do dishes.  Then what do you know, it's time for Cadence to nurse again. Josh comes home from work. But Cadence is a typical interested-in-everything-and-highly-distracted 4.5-month-old, so my hopes of eating dinner while nursing are now just a memory.  So it's nurse till sleepy land (and wake myself up if I fall asleep too) then dinner time!  
I have missed this blog.  This blog will probably be the one way I consistently track the memories of Cadence's childhood. Sadly we've already passed newborn-hood, but at least I can start now.

 Cadence just a couple of days old
Cadence, 6 days old
 Our 6th day as a family, my 6th day of motherhood

Yesterday was Cadence's 1st Halloween! Cadence was a pumpkin! A pumpkin with her first fever :(
I was your typical first-time-worried-her-socks-off-mother calling the nurse, googling, and working to keep Cadence happy and cool all evening while Josh was at work.  And I didn't even need a costume! (Yes, it's our new lifestyle. We alternate our work schedules and alternate Cadence care so that either one of us or her grandparents are always with her.  Haven't needed a babysitter or daycare yet!  It probably won't go on like this forever, but it is certainly working out beautifully right now. I am so thankful our jobs are flexible and Josh's parents are near by to help out!). Ok, her temperature was only almost 2 degrees higher...but she felt so hot! And she was cranky and sleepy...poor thing.  Today she was fine, no fever, but still a bit extra cranky. 
 4 months old
Here she's wearing a jumper her grand mother's co worker made for her. It's so cute on her!  This is not Cadence with her fever, but from a fussy time a couple of weeks ago.

We also took Cadence to her first pumpkin patch on Halloween.  Poor thing was ready for a nap when we got there (and was probably dealing with said fever at the time, but I didn't know it yet), so we took some cute pics of her crying in a pile of gourds and propped up on pumpkins. We're such mean parents, but she's such a cutie!  She does this cry with her bottom lip curled out and everything. It's so stereotypical cute baby! And it breaks my heart at the same time.  Pictures aren't uploaded yet.  Stay tuned.

I hear Cadence...I guess we're nursing again tonight at midnight.  Must be a growth spurt or she's fighting off that bug still.   


4 months old.  We spent our family day afternoon at a new park on Lake Union earlier in October. It was so cool. Old ships are docked here, and there's even people carving canoes. Typical Seattle-style, we got out of there just as it started to pour! We get one day off all together as a family when we're not alternating schedules with mom and dad are passing like ships in the night. It's on Thursdays and we're trying to keep it to just restful, fun, family activities. We're trying not to fill it up with the busy-ness of life. Though it also tends to be the only day we can schedule things like doctor appointments and oil changes.  Someday...




No comments:

Post a Comment