Friday, December 10, 2010

Preciosa

Ah, my sweet girl, you are so precious to me!  Sometimes I get hit by overwhelming emotion. The only thing I can do with it is cry. Cry because I love you. Cry because of you, my daughter, this gift I've been given. I cry because it is too big. It's too unfathomable, that this miracle has occurred to me.  Somehow, I undeservingly received you as my precious gift.  You are a miracle, Cadence.  I thank God for you.  Christ Cares Ask for Miracles.  That is God's word for you, Cadence. 

 5 months old
 5 months
 Day before Thanksgiving, first time sitting up with support and not falling over!
 Cadence with Grandpa on Thanksgiving Day
 Cadence is a little pissed Papa is taking her first food away from her!
 First time of rice cereal! A hit!
 So cute!
 Cadence with my amazing friend, Katie
 5 1/2 months...first time sitting up by herself in her bath tub
 Tuckered out Cadence 5 1/2 months
I am now listening to the music that was playing when Cadence was born. We often play it during her naps or to set the mood for bedtime. It's very contemplative music.  Just soft music with ocean sounds. There are literally a dozen things I should be doing right now. And not just things that would be nice to get done, but important things, like taking care of myself, eating dinner, and preparing for tomorrow.  For a person who has very poor time management skills, having a baby wrecks havoc on an already topsy-turvey lifestyle. I get "caught" for wasting time, when I decide to facebook when she's napping instead of taking a shower or paying the bills.  Going to bed "early" has a whole other meaning too. I'm doing well if I get near bed before midnight. And not because I'm wasting time either! That's just because of stuff that needs to get done and baby Cadence who needs to be taken care of.  The daily grind with work, marriage and baby can really take you for a ride.  One day she's able to balance herself while sitting up, the next day she's pushing herself up to sitting, and I realize, I didn't record that! I didn't take that picture! It can all fly by so fast that I don't even take time to think of the miracle that Cadence is, to reflect on her to pray over her. To thank God for her.  And so, with a dozen things to do, a baby sound asleep, I take this moment, now, to reflect, to remember.  She is a miracle.  Our little family is so unimaginably blessed with this little person. It's as if she was always meant to be a part of us.  It's hard to remember our life before Cadence, because she was always meant to be a part of it.  I reflect and record and remember now, so that I can look back in the future.  So I can tell her stories of when she was little. So that she knows her life is part of the story of our family.  What do I say now to close?  Well, Josh, Cadence and I are the Weh family 3.  I am so happy to grow into parenthood with my husband.  I am so happy to grow into relationship with my daughter. With all the tears of joy and sorrow our future will bring.  It takes work to stop, give thanks, and remember, but it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment